Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Coming Clean


I've been in the spanking scene for many years and have always thought that I'd reached the point where I didn't care who knew. But the point has come when I feel I'm going to have to let my doctors know what I'm into. How can I expect my doctors to advise me or protect my health when they are unaware of the fact that I get spanked hard for fun? I'm especially worried about being on blood thinners (Plavix and aspirin). I have seen the bruising that can result from just taking an aspirin before playing. So I've come to the crossroads: if my doctors know, how many other people will find out? I guess, since this is my health we're talking about, it doesn't really matter. It's not as important as life and death.
When the question of telling medical professionals ahead of time about TTWD, I could always afford to be so cavalier and say "Tell your doctor. He's a professional. He won't judge you." So easy for me to say at that time. Now the proverbial shoe is on the other foot. Now this is me we're talking about. Things don't seem as cut and dried as they were. It's going to be difficult for me, but I feel it has to be done. I will just file it under "sex" even though spanking isn't sexual for me. But I need to know if getting a spanking is going to jeopardize my health. And if it might, then how do I give it up? Could I give it up if my doctor advised it? These are questions that need answering and, unfortunately, only I can answer them. If anyone out there has experience with this (and not just because of blood thinners...it could be any kind of medical thing that prevents you from playing) I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Cheryl!

I just started reading your blog a couple days ago and I noticed your last entry is dated 2010. I'm wondering if you're still available to talk - or, at least, read! So, I'll send this email and see if you respnd. I really hope that you do. You seem so down to earth and genuine and like you'd be easy to talk with. The few other blogs I've read just recently seem like another world entirely. Of course, I've only been reading for a week, so that's not an entirely fair critique, I'm certain. But, I was thrilled to come across yours, as I felt that "here's a woman I can really understand and relate to - she's real!"

Your writing skills are superb and I've really enjoyed reading your blog. More than that, I'm very concerned about you, as you ended when your recovery was just beginning!

I'm a nurse, though, trust me when I say that RNs have the same health issues as everyone else. I can relate to your old diet, hypertension, weight (plus some!), and couch potato status (other than racing up and down the halls for 12 hours straight three days a week). and age (again, plus five!).

Please write and let me know how you're doing. Perhaps we could encourage each other towards a healthier lifestyle! I also have so many questions for you regarding the spanking lifestyle, as I'm considering entering it, though my experience has consisted of only one erotic spanking relationship from years ago.

Please feel free to write directly to my email address, if you'd like, or I can check back on your blog on occasion. I'm sure there are others out there who would love to hear how you're doing, too!

kim