Friday, February 22, 2008

First Entry

Hello, everyone. This blogging thing is totally new to me, but I have read other blogs and liked them and felt it was time to try my own hand at this. As the title suggests, this blog will be all about spanking--everything from the silly to the serious--but always positive (well, almost always).
First of all, let's be honest. The scene is filled with single women like me--not as young, firm or thin as we used to be. How then does an older but no less enthusiastic woman make herself stand out? The truth is, I didn't. When I first became active in the scene, I was determined to be exactly who I am. I'm not an actress. I can't play a role, no matter how much it might make my life easier. I didn't develop a scene name. Nor did I buy a separate wardrobe for parties. When I attended my first party five years ago, the way everyone saw me was exactly the way my friends and family saw me. I didn't change anything about myself. This was it for me. I didn't want this to be my fantasy life. I wanted it to be my real life. I had no desire to live a "double life". Frankly, I don't have the energy. That's not to say that my life is an open book and everyone knows everything about me. I still have to be discreet. But many people know this about me. And we're all cool with it.
People may like what I write or they may hate it. But it's been my experience that the scene is something different for all those who choose to partake. The vanilla world may not understand us, but we understand each other. If not fully, then at least to the degree that we're doing something that society views as outside the norm. They believe that we live in a warped, twisted world where people hurt each other. Believe me, the friends I've made in the scene are among my dearest. Being in the scene has enriched my life and allowed me to meet people I would never have met had I chosen to let my spanking urges lie dormant.
What do you all think? Is your life richer for being in the scene? Are you freer to express yourself honestly to your scene friends than you are your vanilla ones? Just throwing out some general questions to get the ball rolling here. I'm anxious to hear your responses.

2 comments:

Cigi said...

Hey Cheryl!
I suppose I'm as good as anyone to comment first to your blog.

That's some deep, deep questions for a first entry but I'll try to answer.

Yes, I suppose I can be more open and honest with my scene friends...perhaps because they are more open minded perhaps than my vanilla friends. That's the only way I can put it.

Keep on blogging!

Hugs,
Cigi

Dr. Ken said...

Hi, Cheryl, and welcome to the Wonderful World of Weblogs!
I try to be open and honest with all my friends, scene or vanilla. Having spanking in common with the one group certainly adds another level to it, but my spanko friends usually live far away and I don't see them as often--meaning I have more time to bond with the vanilla friends. For me, I think it really runs about 50/50.
Have fun!

Dr. Ken