Sunday, May 11, 2014

Boardwalk Badness Weekend Party Review- Part III

Friday morning in Atlantic City dawned clear and slightly cool. My roommates and I were joined by McGolden for a stroll down the boardwalk for breakfast. The place we chose was unlike any place I'd ever eaten before. For one thing, all the dishes, glasses and utensils were plastic. Nowhere here do we have any place that does that. But I can see why they do it. It really cuts down on dishes to wash, which cuts down on water usage. I can't complain about the food because it was pretty good. Next, we walked down to the ocean. But first, we had to stop at one of the shops because Sherri liked the eagle statue.


There were actually a lot of interesting things we didn't get photos of. One place was the Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum. I would have loved a walk through that place. There were a lot of interesting places on the boardwalk, most of which  (not surprisingly) cater to tourists. Last year, the devastation of Hurricane (or Superstorm if you wish) Sandy was still evident. This year, the mess is cleaned up and there are new shops and restaurants opening up. 

It was an absolutely perfect day for a walk on the beach. I wore a hoodie because of the wind, otherwise, I think I would have been comfortable in the sleeveless shirt I had on under it. As soon as we got to the water, Sherri couldn't resist walking right out onto the rocks.


Because the rocks were covered in algae and very slippery, I worried about her slipping and falling. But I had to get a photo of her communing with the sea birds. This little tableau just about took my breath away. As I said last year, I grew up on a river so I'm no stranger to large bodies of water. But...this is the ocean. 


I don't know how I knew it, but I somehow knew that this would be my only chance to walk on the beach and feel the sand between my toes. So I was determined to get my money's worth. Those are small waves breaking over the rocks Sherri is standing on. A lot of people either become non chalant about the ocean or they never care for it in the first place. But I think it's one of those things that will never lose its wonder for me. 


McGolden was kind enough to stand for a photo with me. He struck me as a fairly shy guy. I wish we would have gotten to play, but that seems to happen to me a lot at parties...people are happy to meet me, but playing is another thing entirely. I think he was either too shy to ask me or, like a lot of younger tops, he just wasn't interested in playing with an older woman. Either way, I don't hold anything against him. He was fun to meet and talk to.




Of course, I couldn't let the occasion pass without getting a photo taken with Sherri. Last year's BBW was my first real taste of traveling and I have to say I fell in love with its charm. Yes, it's charming to pass all those interesting places and to meet the locals while stopping to gas up or stretch your legs. I'd love to do more traveling. Since I'll be moving to NW Indiana next month, my hope is to have the chance to do more. Living here with people who are homebodies hasn't afforded me very much opportunity. My sister and her husband really do hate it that I even leave the house for anything more than work (or a trip to the store). Neither were happy about this trip. But then, they both subscribe to the notion that life is work and that's all. Neither of them give themselves permission for leisure time. Both are old beyond their years. My sister looks ten years older than her age and much of it is because she works two jobs and then doesn't allow herself any time for things she enjoys. Even watching a baseball game is combined with folding laundry or cleaning the kitchen. She never just sits and does nothing. I remember one day (when I was still working and had worked ten straight days) when I spent the whole day in my pajamas and she said "It must be nice to sit around all day." I said "It is. You should try it some time." I really did try to please them both (forgive me for getting sidetracked here). I would do the dishes in the morning and clean up the kitchen before I ever had my own breakfast. And many times, I hadn't even eaten dinner the night before. My brother-in-law had made a new rule that I could only eat dinner after everyone else had eaten AND if I ask first. Here I was, paying rent to live in the spare room (which got more and more cluttered as time has gone on) and I had to ask permission to eat dinner. So you can see why the trip was somewhat worrisome for me. I had no idea what I was going to come home to. So I was determined to make the most of this trip.

When we returned to the hotel, we once again met up with Tom and Nancy. We had a get-together in their room on Friday last year, too and it was a hoot. There were a couple of different participants this year, but Nancy, Sherri and I were the ones there from last year, along with Katylynn, who I hadn't even recognized when I saw her at check in the previous day. Tom, Katy's husband, Rodney, and Allen (FirmHandTn) provided their topping services. It proved to be an extremely fun afternoon. 

The really great part was that I didn't have broken ribs this year, which really hampered my play last year. The only drawback was that I was heavier this year than last year. Not a whole lot heavier, but about 20 pounds. I was cognicent of the fact that I looked much heavier (at least to myself). But to the folks in the room that day, none of that mattered.

I don't think it mattered to Allen or Rodney or Tom. All of them spanked me with enthusiasm. I know all the so-called "cool kids" were probably off doing whatever it is the cool kids do, but we were at a spanking party and spanking was front and center for us almost the entire weekend, when we weren't sleeping, at least. When our little spankfest was over, we did the obligatory line up.

I always enjoy these line up photos. They're pretty popular on Fetlife, too. If you get someone who posts a line up, those pics often make K&P. For me, this is what it's about: having fun with friends and enjoying TTWD. People who take it too seriously or make it completely about punishment annoy the heck out of me. If people want to do punishment, go ahead and punish to your heart's content. But is that really necessary at a party? You wouldn't believe how many "punishment" spankings I heard about at BBW. Granted, most of them were probably funishment, but I'm sure there were a few real punishments given. You know, if that's a person's mentality, then more power to them. I'll stick with the fun people I know. 

Tomorrow, more fun from BBW :)

No comments: