Thursday, July 22, 2010

A New Interest

It was bound to happen. I've been over seven years in the spanking scene and it has finally happened: I've found a new interest to add to my interest in spanking.

I'm not quite sure how it happened. I've watched a lot of videos and read quite a few spanking stories and this act seems to happen in them a lot. I'm talking about getting your temperature taken (and not orally). When we were very small children, there were two reasons you would get your pants pulled down: either you were going to get a spanking or you were going to get your temperature taken.
It's hard to decide which a kid would dread more. Spankings, while not necessarily embarrassing, were certainly painful. Having your temperature taken, while not painful, was certainly embarrassing. So I can understand how the two could become melded in a spanko's mind. I'm trying to figure out where the interest lies for me. I'm not into power exchanges so it's not being dominated that seems to pique my interest. My theory is that, somehow, this act has become eroticized for me. Probably from watching it happen in all those videos. From all the videos I've seen and the limited number of websites I've visited, it seems that the old-fashioned glass and mercury thermometers that us baby boomers remember with such trepidation from our childhoods are favored when it comes to using rectal thermometers in scenes. Those new, fast-reading digital thermometers just don't seem to do it for most of us. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to soon. I was a pretty sickly child and remember many of my rectal temps being taken by a nurse in a doctor's office. So I will probably do a quasi-medical scene for my first time. All of this is still sort of percolating in my brain. Maybe players who have experience with this can give me some pointers. Whatever the case, it's something I'm very much looking forward to.
It's funny though that I still consider myself a pure spanko. It goes back to what I said before about spanking and rectal temperature taking being closely linked for many of us. However, the interest is a new one for me. I don't remember any time during all my years in the spanking scene that this was something I just "had" to try. In fact, I found it quite gross for a long time. But there are a lot of tops who do this so I have a feeling I won't have a problem finding someone to do this with me.
Wish me luck, folks. And don't think I'm gross, OK? :)

2 comments:

LDD-4-Me said...

Well, there was one other reason for pants to come down when I was growing up, an enema. It was quite common for everything from tummy ache to "oh he's being moody, I'll bet he needs an enema". Yes, if I fought it, I got spanked. No, not abusive, just the way things were done in those days.
In my case my 'curiosity' about enemas led me to being a spanko.

Felicia said...


I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can contact them at their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com